North Vancouver, British Columbia
2010 / Complete / Residential / Renovation / Interior / 3600 ft2
Firmly rooted on it’s site, this classic mid-century post and beam house avoided demolition in favour of an extensive renovation. New design elements, such as several millwork installations, insert themselves quietly into the existing post and beam system ensuring the clarity and heritage of the existing home was preserved.
A white on white interior emphasizes the client’s collection of colourful art and the lush forest canopy beyond. Connection to the outdoors is accentuated by way of new sliding glass doors and windows throughout.
- Design / Nigel Parish, Michelle Bikic
- w/ / Bernard Decosse Architect
- Build / D. Mclean Construction
- Landscape Architect / Considered Design Inc
- Photography / Ivan Hunter